1. NATIONAL CONGRESS
- The supreme governing structure of PATU is National Congress, National Congress is held every five (5) years, and the main objectives of any given Congress is to report on the previous five years’ work, make new resolutions for policy direction, and elect new National Executive Council.
The notice of convocation shall be communicatd by the General Secretary to the REC Chairpersons in the various regions at least two months before its held.
2. SPECIAL NATIONAL CONGRESS
- The Special National Congress is an emergency governing structure of PATU, According to the Constitution a Special National Congress shall be convened by the President whenever the National Executive Council gathered and request one, should reason of urgency be given to the notice, the President may authorize the calling of Special National Congress at short notice, being no less than five (5) days this according to the constitution.
3. NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL
- The National Executive Council is responsible for the overall running of the Union and for implementing the policies adopted at the Union's National Congress - which meet every five years. The National Executive Council is composed of fourteen National Executive Council’s members - the President, the Vice President, the General Secretary, the vice-general secretary, the National Treasurer- and approximately 9 Additional NEC members.
4. ADDITIONAL NEC MEMBERS
- The additional NEC members are nominated by Sectors within each region on the basis of one member for every certain financial amount members in the region.
Elections to the positions take place at the Biennial Delegate Conference of each region. Those going forward for the election to the NEC must meet certain criteria concerning length of Union membership as laid out in PATU’s Constitution.
5. OFFICE BEARERS
- The day-to-day direction of the Union is in the hands of the Office Bearers , National Executive Officers - the President, the Vice President, The National Treasurer and All the Admin-secretaries in the different offices and representations of the Union - who supervise the work of the Union's full-time staff in accordance with the decisions taken by the National Executive Council.
6. UNION OFFICIALS
- The Union officials are responsible for collective bargaining follow-up and negotiations on pay. monitoring the good functionment of the trade Union and conditions of employment of members and for building trade union density and union strength. the Union Officials it's constitued of The General Secretary and The Vice-General secretary, this according to the Constitution.